Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Book Report!

I don't know when I decided I actually liked reading but it came on all of a sudden. So here's what I'm currently reading...

It's by Augusten Burroughs and I think he's my new best friend. For some reason I love reading memoirs or at least books that in some way I can relate to or can 'experience' along with the author. This guy writes that way and now I own all his books and am working through them. I have already read Running With Scissors and Possible Side Effects and after this one I have Sellevison and Magical Thinking.

I think he's so messed up and crazy that it's fascinating and no matter what situations/experiences you've ever encountered---you're normal compared to him. Definately worth the read and check out his blog too: Augusten's Blog.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM , Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Now he's got ME hooked! I'm almost finished with Possible Side Effects. This Augusten guy is messed up!

 
At 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have all of them too, phil is the one who turned me on to him a year or so ago, now i just need to KEEP reading and stop buying books...

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger Tom said...

I have read Running with Scissors (loved it!), but haven't read any other Augusten Burroughs books. I just haven't gotten around to it. I really want to read Dry, I heard it was really great.I was hoping we would read it in my in my book club, but the girls keep picking chick books.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I liked "Dry" the best of the three to four I've read. I think it was "Magical Thinking" that starting turning me off as I felt he can be just a little too mean sometimes. I'm willing to go back to his work again, and I agree that his writing itself is always compelling. "Dry" just seemed to have a bit more humanity mixed in with the mean-spiritedness. And, believe me, I can be mean myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to my website?