Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back Yard Dreams...

Well this is what the almost end of summer brings. The realization that the back yard STILL looks like THIS!

Yes, we have a dog but I don't think that means the yard HAS to be trashed. Don't get me wrong, he contributes in a huge way to the mud hole and bare spots.

I just want to figure something out that isn't a TON of money and that doesn't take 2 years to do. What should I do? Any advice and offers for help would be appreciated.

And if you can figure out how to make it look like this easily, I'll take those comments too!

8 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive got a great idea!!! why dont you have a patio building party...you know, kinda what the amish do with barns, ill bet we could do it in a hour.....maybe 12...

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger TheBuxStopHere said...

You may be joking but I actually like that idea! Who else is up for it? And no I can't supply airfare...

 
At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wasnt joking and im all for it too...ill bring cocktails...haha

 
At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

all we really need is at least ONE person there who actually knows what they are doing....scott?

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

I LOVE the brick "cobblestone" look!
Let me know when you get it finished! I'll be out with my glass of wine to enjoy it!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Matt said...

You could enlarge thos pictures and tape them to all the windows that overlook the yard.

We're trying to motivate ourselves to put in a flagstone patio and paths by ourselves. We'll start on it the next time you guys are in Seattle. ;)

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

I have a better idea, Matt. You guys get it done and next time we're in Seattle we'll bring the wine to enjoy it. :-)

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Matt said...

Scott, I think you and Andrew would get a lot more out of your next trip to Seattle if you do some hard work and help your buddies. Think of it as a bonding experience. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to my website?